Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whiting Reunion

On the 29th of July I left my apartment in the afternoon to begin a great adventure with the ones I love most! We left Aunt Pam's that afternoon to head to Orderville. We got there to meat up with about 20 more of our family. We had a BBQ at the town pool and just hung out. The next morning we started our 10 hour trip to Arizona. We made a lot of stops on the way so it felt like it was taking forever to get there. We were about 5 miles to camp when I woke up to a huge pop and the car started shaking. Yep we had a blow out in our tire 5 miles before we arrived. So luckily our cousins (The Pattersons) were not to far behind us so Eric tought us all how to change a tire. Then we finally got to camp. The first night was just the Bodell Family. There was probably 50 of us there. Then next day was when everyone arrived at the Whitting Homestead. It is always fun to see all the people there even thought I don't even know most of them. For those of you reading this that are not in my famiy the Whiting Reunion is my Grandmas Grandparents so all of the desendents of my great great grandparents have the Whiting reunion every 2 years. I have not been to it alot but I am so glad I went this time. We had alot of fun. On Friday Aug. 1st and Saturday the 2nd they did a sort of Poineer Village thing it was way cool. Everyone Dressed up and there were different things you could go see like the cash store, milking cows, spinning yarn, quilting, ice cream parlot, barbor shop, bull wipp, sling shot, chair making, grandma kitchen and much more. It is always very cool to learn about your heritage. Our Family was in charge of the dances in the nights so I got to lead them. There were lots of people who came so it was lots of fun to be up there on the stage again teaching line dances, it took me back to ranch days and Oh do I miss those days! So Saturday night we started our trip home. We made it to Flagstaff AZ where we got a hotel room at the Americana in. It was deffinatly not Marriott! OK I am not going to lie it was pretty scary haha but a fun adventure! Then Sunday we finlly got home. I had a great time and I am so glad I went I always love spending time with my Family!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Loved it. When ever I get "Reunion sick" I always google the whitings and other that the official web site, this has been the best.