Sunday, August 17, 2008

Promotion!


So I am sure most of you know, but about a month ago I was offered a new position at my job. I was working front desk, but looking for something more. My manager called me in to his office. He offered me a newer better job. When he told me what the job was I was kind of in shock. You see I have been working front desk and answering phones for 3 different Marriott hotels for the past two years so when my Manager told me they wanted me to be the Housekeeping supervisor I was Little surprised. I new it would be a great step in my career and it would teach me alot more about hotels, so I took the job. I had to wait to start until they found someone to fill my spot at the front desk so I officially started 2 weeks ago. I do like the job and I am learning so much. I get to work at 8:30am I separate the dirty rooms into lists for the housekeepers. The housekeeper all arive at 9am and we have a morning meeting, then they leave to go start their rooms. While they start I go and walk the hotel for anything that need to be done or cleaned I make list (yep just like the ranch list haha). After that I check all the Vacant Ready rooms from the previous day to make sure that they are really Vacant and ready to sell. Then at about 10 I will go around and check on the housekeepers to see how many rooms they have finished and make sure they don't need anything. After they have finished some rooms I start checking the rooms. I have a inspection sheet that I fill out for each housekeeper. I have to check every room they clean to make sure everything is up to Marriott standard. Also I am responsible for all the storage closets in the hotel and making sure they are kept clean, I do all the inventory, I make the schedule for the housekeeper and much more. It is hard work but I know it is worth it. It March the Company that owns my hotel is Building a Marriott Residence Inn in Lehi and if I work hard and prove myself in this position I will be the Assistant General Manager of the hotel. That would be huge for someone my age, so I am really really excited about the opportunities I am getting in life to learn and grow.

0 comments: